Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc. recognises and understands the impact that the Coronavirus has caused globally. This pandemic has caused months of lockdown, financial hardship and changes to our everyday lifestyle.
The Committee understands the importance of adhering to all Covid Safe rules and regulations for the 2021/22 season. We will adopt a Covid Safety Plan in accordance with Little Athletics Victoria and State Government guidelines.
Our Covid Safety Officer for this season is Caitlin Brusco.
WLAC must adhere to the rules and regulations set by the following governing bodies:
- Federal and State Governments
- Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Monash City Council
- Department of Human and Health Services
- Little Athletics Australia
- Little Athletics Victoria
The Committee's main priorities are as follows:
- Learning and adopting all Covid Safety Rules and Regulations
- Organising a suitable Track & Field program
- Ensuring the Central Reserve club rooms are clean and sanitised
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and sanitised
- Assisting our families and getting back into sport
Our Covid Safety Officer is responsible for the overall organisation of all Covid related information, such as:
- Adopting Covid Safety Plan
- Setting up QR Code Check In for contact tracing requirements
- Delegating authority and tasks to Committee Members and Covid Marshals
- Ensuring WLAC Complies with all Covid Rules and Regulations
Our Covid Marshals, who report directly to the Covid Safety Officer, are responsible for:
- Assisting the Covid Safety Officer with anything required
- Setting up and assisting with attendee sign in procedures
- Monitoring the clubroom areas and ensuring people are not located inside unless using toilets
- Checking cleanliness of toilets throughout the morning
- Monitoring attendance
- Ensuring all attendees (12 years and older) are abiding by current facemask wearing directives
- Refilling/replacing hand sanitiser at designated stations
- Ensuring that the 1.5m social distancing rule is being followed (within reason)
- Ensure officials are cleaning equipment being used, in particular throwing implements (after each use)
WLAC is here to support our families. We are implementing changes to assist families that have been impacted by Covid19. Everyone’s health and safety is our number one priority.
We look forward to seeing you at Little Athletics for Summer Season 2021/22
The WLAC Committee.
Last Updated: 18/09/2021 22:47:13