Shirley Desa is the Centre Mentor of the Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc. She has been involved at the Centre for 5 years and has been a member of the Committee for 3 ½ years, taking over as Treasurer half way through the 2017/18 season.
In charge of the Centre’s finances, Shirley sets our budget, handles our profit & loss and balance sheets, banking requirements and ensures we remain compliant with Consumer Affairs and LAVic. We are a non-profit organisation but thanks to Shirley and former Treasurers, we are in a very healthy position.
On a weekly basis, Shirley organises the canteen float money, assists in running the canteen and administration and on a Saturday is out on the track as an official, currently the U7 Age Group Leader.
Shirley is a positive contributor to Centre, has an accounting background, is very well organised and is perfectly suited as our Treasurer. She manages her commitment as well as raising two young children.
- 2016/17 - U6 Assistant Age Group Leader
- 2017/18 - U7 Assistant Age Group Leader
- 2017/22 - Committee - Treasurer
- 2017/22 - Administration
- 2018/19 - U8 Assistant Age Group Leader
- 2019/20 - Canteen Assistant
- 2019/20 - U6 Age Group Leader
- 2020/21 - U7 Age Group Leader
- 2021/22 - U8 Age Group Leader
- 2021/22 - U8 Relay Coach
- 2022/23 - Committee - Centre Mentor
- 2018/20 - Venue Host Official - Mount Waverley Primary School