Caitlin Brusco is the Centre Mentor of the Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc. She has been involved for 9 years, a Committee Member for 4 years and will commence her 10th year in 2020/21.
In 2011/12, Caitlin became involved as a member of the early set up crew, arriving at the track each Saturday from 7:30am to set up the arena. She continued in this position until the end of the 2015/16 season. Back in those days, early set up was considered your “daily duty”, giving you the chance to sit on the side lines and watch for the rest of the morning. However, Caitlin chose to not sit down, also volunteering as an Age Group Leader. Caitlin has since been an AGL each season, starting from U6 and progressing through to Southern Stars.
Caitlin took on the role of Assistant Centre Mentor in 2018/19, recruiting AGL's, chasing up parents to fill general duties, running field events and sharing between the role of U6 AGL and SS AGL in an effort to train new U6 parents into the role.
Behind the scenes, Caitlin has been one of the quiet achievers; she is one of our child safety officers, attends Committee Meetings, pitching ideas and assisting with various Committee tasks, helping on registration days, assisting with administration, in the canteen on occasion or anywhere else that is required.
Due to the Corona Virus pandemic (Covid19), all Centres are required to take extra precautions. Caitlin has also taken on the role of Waverley's Covid Safe Officer for the 2020/21 season.
- 2011/12 - U6 Age Group Leader
- 2011/16 - Early Set Up Crew
- 2012/13 - U7 Assistant Age Group Leader
- 2012/14 - Pack Up Crew
- 2013/14 - U8 Age Group Leader
- 2014/15 - U9 Age Group Leader
- 2015/16 - U10 Age Group Leader
- 2016/17 - U11 Age Group Leader
- 2016/20 - Committee - General Committee
- 2016/21 - Child Safe Officer
- 2017/18 - U12 Age Group Leader
- 2018/19 - U6 Age Group Leader
- 2018/20 - SS Age Group Leader
- 2019/21 - Early Set Up Crew
- 2020/21 - Committee - Centre Mentor
- 2020/21 - Covid Safe Officer
- 2018/19 - Venue Host Official - Mount View Primary School (day 1)