Lindsay Thomas is a Life Member and Past Committee Member of the Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc.
Lindsay Thomas has been involved at Little Athletics Waverley for 10 years, since 2002/03 when his eldest child started in U6. During Lindsay’s time, he has fulfilled many different duties and positions, making him a fantastic and reliable all-rounder who could be called upon whenever needed. Lindsay would see something that had to be done and just go and do it!
In his early years, Lindsay was the age group leader to the U6’s – U8’s (twice). This required maintaining the behaviour and concentration of the children, making sure they all have fun and to guide the parents, answering any of their questions and making sure they feel comfortable while helping manage the age group. Being AGL of the younger groups means running or assisting with the ON TRACK sessions each week. Lindsay also helped out with the set up and pack up of equipment.
In the later years, Lindsay took on a more active position within the Centre and its operation. At the 2010 AGM, Lindsay was elected on as a General Committee Member for the 2010/11 season. At the first meeting, he was voted in as Vice President. During the season he coached Relays and was AGL to the Southern Stars. Like all committee members, being on the committee required attending monthly meetings, providing advice, assisting with administration and registration days etc. Lindsay was involved in the subcommittee on the development of the WLAC coaching policy.
In 2011/12, Lindsay took on more than one duty, again being elected on as a General Committee Member then being voted in as Vice President. He took on the role of U7 age group leader (Lindsay had no children in U7) when NO PARENTS would take on that position of responsibility. After Christmas 2011, Lindsay took a step back from the U7’s and helped out each week where he could.
Aside from his involvement within the Centre, Lindsay also took on additional positions at Region & State Championships, mostly as Team Manager, or he completed his fair share of General Duties. He would also assist where he could to drop off and pick up the Waverley equipment used at the Championship events, particularly Relays at Springvale.
Lindsay is and has been a fantastic supporter and contributor to the operations and the weekly competition programs at Waverley. When something was needed, he would always be first to put his hand up and help out.
In 2012/13, Lindsay, who has given 10 years of selfless commitment and outstanding service to the Centre, received Life Membership to the Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc.
- 2012/13 - Life Member
- 2003/04 - U7 Age Group Leader
- 2004/05 - U8 Age Group Leader
- 2005/06 - U6 Age Group Leader
- 2005/07 - Early Set Up Crew
- 2006/07 - U7 Age Group Leader
- 2007/08 - U8 Age Group Leader
- 2008/09 - General Official
- 2009/10 - Assistant Team Manager - EMR Relays
- 2009/10 - Emergency Team Manager - EMR Track & Field
- 2009/10 - U10 Age Group Leader
- 2010/11 - Assistant Team Manager - State Track & Field
- 2010/11 - SS Age Group Leader
- 2010/11 - Team Manager - State Relays
- 2010/11 - Team/Duty Manager - EMR Track & Field
- 2010/11 - U13-U16 Relay Coach
- 2010/12 - Committee - General Committee
- 2010/12 - Committee - Vice President
- 2010/12 - Team Manager - State Cross Country
- 2011/12 - Key Official - U10 AGL, SS AGL, Timekeeper, BBQ - when required
- 2011/12 - U7 Age Group Leader
- 2012/13 - Key Official - Timekeeper, BBQ, Starter - when required
- 2012/13 - Life Member
- 2012/13 - U12 Age Group Leader
- 2013/14 - Long Distance Timekeeper
- 2013/14 - Long Distance Timekeeper - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2014/15 - Recording Tent Assistant - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2009/10 - Track Umpire - EMR Relays General Official
- 2009/10 - Finish Marshal - State Multi General Official
- 2009/10 - General Official - State Track & Field General Official
- 2009/10 - Presentation Assistant - State Relays General Official