Geoff Gray is a Life Member and Past Committee Member of the Waverley Little Athletics Centre Inc.
Geoff Gray has been involved at Little Athletics Waverley for 9 years, since his eldest joined in 2003/04. Another experienced all-rounder, Geoff would always be doing multiple duties.
Within 2 seasons of joining the Centre, Geoff was elected onto the Committee at the 2005 AGM as Treasurer, for the 05/06 season. Geoff continued in this position for 3 consecutive seasons, along with doing additional duties weekly at the Centre. In 06/07, Geoff along with his Treasurer and Committee/Administration duties, he would also be out on the field running a shot put ring. From 05/06 until he finished on the committee at the end of 07/08, Geoff was actively involved in organising the Waverley end of season Presentation Days and Trophies.
In 08/09 Geoff’s children had a break from Little Athletics. However, he still helped out at the Open Day where he could. Geoff returned at the start of 09/10 and took on the role of Shot Put 1 Manager. In 10/11, Geoff re-joined the Waverley Committee and further continued to support the Centre and its operations, by taking on the role of Publications/Centre Booklet and once again organising the end of season Trophies and Presentation Day.
In a time of need, when the Treasurer position for 11/12 suddenly became vacant, Geoff, who had continued on the committee in his General Committee role, stepped up to the plate again and took on the position of Treasurer. Without Geoff’s commitment, the committee and the Centre would have really felt the “effects” and the administration would not been able to function.
During the 11/12 season, Geoff once again took on the role of Publications, Centre Booklet and Presentation Day & Trophies Organiser. Along with his committee roles and additional jobs, Geoff was found every week around at Discus 2.
If Geoff was finished at Discus, he would be the first person out on the arena helping to pack up the equipment. He didn’t EVER leave the Little Aths until it was all packed away. Usually, Geoff would pack away as much of the “big” things such as tents and gates. And if he wasn’t out on the field Geoff would be helping in the Canteen selling icy poles to the children before they went home!
Aside from his involvement within the Centre, Geoff would assist at the Waverley Open Day and at Region or State events as a “general official” for Waverley when his children competed.
Geoff attended the first week of the 12/13 season to “lend a hand”.
He has always been there to provide advice, guidance or to assist any way he can. He always kept the committee meetings on-time. He is and has been a fantastic supporter and contributor to the operations and the weekly competition programs at Waverley.
Geoff would also as part of his committee duties, assist with the pre-season registration days etc.
In 2012/13, Geoff, who had given 9 years of selfless commitment and outstanding service to the Centre, received Life Membership to the Waverley Little Athletics Centre.
- 2012/13 - Life Member
- 2004/05 - U10 Age Group Leader
- 2005/06 - Committee - Registrar
- 2005/06 - Presentations & Trophies Sub-Committee
- 2005/06 - Team Manager - State Track & Field
- 2005/08 - Committee - Treasurer
- 2006/07 - Assistant Team Manager - SMR Track & Field
- 2006/07 - Shot Put Manager
- 2006/07 - Uniform Coordinator
- 2006/08 - Presentation Day & Trophies Organiser
- 2008/09 - Shot Put 2 Manager - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2008/10 - Shot Put 1 Manager - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2009/10 - Shot Put 1 Manager
- 2010/11 - Shot Put 2 Manager - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2010/11 - U11 Age Group Leader
- 2010/12 - Committee - General Committee
- 2010/12 - Presentation Day & Trophies Organiser
- 2011/12 - Committee - Treasurer
- 2011/12 - Administration
- 2011/12 - Discus Manager
- 2011/12 - Shot Put Manager
- 2012/13 - Life Member
- 2013/15 - Shot Put 2 Manager - Waverley Open Day Key Official
- 2011/12 - Long Jump - SMR Track & Field General Official
- 2011/12 - Shot Put 2 - State Track & Field General Official